Read 1 Peter 1:1-25a
- Who is the writer of this letter?
- To whom is the writer writing?
- How does the writer describe the people being addressed?
- Who would properly be described in that way?
- How have these people been chosen?
- What are they chosen for?
- What does this mean for us in our lives?
- What has God given us?
- Though we rejoice in God’s gifts, there is also reason for sadness. Why?
- What good can result when we experience trials?
- How can we experience both grief and joy at the same time?
- How did the prophets, that is in this case, the Old Testament writers, serve us?
- As a response to what Jesus has done for us, how are we to think?
- How are we to be?
- What does it mean to “be holy”?
- How are we to live? Why?
- How are we to relate to our brethren?
- In a situation where everything is changing so rapidly and where life is so brief, where do we place our hope and confidence?
- What does this mean for our lives?