Read the italicized passages of Scripture in Chapter 12.
- What were the reasons that made it necessary that Jesus die?
- How was Jesus’ death going to be a ransom (140-141)?
- Timothy Keller writes, “…all life-changing love is substitutionary sacrifice” (141). Explain how that is so.
- Describe how someone changed your life through sacrificial love.
- Why can’t evil simply be overlooked (143-144)? Why must it be paid for?
- What did James and John miss when they asked to sit at Jesus’ right and left when he achieves his glory? What lesson do we learn from this?
- How is worry an example of our own blindness (147)? Can you give another example of our own blindness?
- Most people try influence society through power and control. But God calls us to a different path (148). What is that path?
- How is trying to live an unselfish life in order to gain a better outcome (even if those desired outcomes and God’s blessings and eternal life in heaven) actually being selfish (149-150)?
- How is grace the only way that we can truly live an unselfish life?
In closing, read the last paragraph of Chapter 12 (151-152).
Thank you for posting your Bible study questions.
You are welcome.