Summary: When the Holy Spirit gives us the gift of faith in Jesus, he also gives us a new heart (Ezekiel 36:26). But how do we care for and exercise our new heart? One way is through worship.
Big Idea: We exercise the new heart that God has given us through worship.
Ice-breaker question: What kinds of exercise, either in the present or in the past, gives (or gave) you a sense of well-being?
Read: Colossians 3:12-17
Observation (What does the passage say?)
- As a result of being lovingly chosen by God to be his people, what traits should we emulate?
- How are we to relate to each other?
- What should be the main thing in our hearts?
- As we correct and encourage one another and worship together, what should be abundantly present among us?
Interpretation (What does the passage mean?)
5. Why are virtues like compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience important?
6. What is the peace of Christ? Describe what needs to happen for it to rule in our hearts?
7. What is the message of Christ? What does having it dwell among us richly mean?
- What does saying and doing all things in the name of Jesus look like? Why is it important?
Application (What does the passage mean to me personally?)
9. What are some areas of your life where you need more of the peace of Christ ruling?
- What would help you to give thanks to God while doing all things?
This Bible Study focuses on the same passage as the sermon on Feb 4/18 from Walnut Grove Lutheran Church, Langley BC.